Why make loaded tea while camping? Because it’s the perfect way to warm up after a chilly night sleeping on the hard ground. Plus, nothing screams “roughin’ it” like sipping on a fancy, loaded tea while sitting around the campfire. And let’s not forget that nothing makes you feel more like a true outdoorsman than whipping up a homemade chai recipe using only foraged ingredients and a camp stove. Plus, who wouldn’t want to show off their backcountry barista skills to all their camping buddies?
Table of Contents
Loaded Tea Recipe for Camping
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup honey ( or sweetener of your choice)
- 2 cups water
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a camping kettle or pot.
- Add in the tea bags or loose leaf tea, cinnamon stick, ginger, cardamom, and nutmeg to the water.
- Let the tea steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags or strain the loose leaf tea.
- Stir in the honey (or sweetener) until it dissolves.
- Add milk or cream if desired.
- Pour the tea into a mug or insulated thermos and enjoy!